Friday, June 02, 2006

Brave or stupid?

Whenever I hear about older women being attacked or assaulted I automatically overreact. Perhaps it has something to do with having two rather feisty older ladies in my immediate family. Speaking of feisty ladies I read this story and shook my head. I can't decide if this woman deserves my admiration but she certainly can take care of herself.

B.C. woman, 80, foils would-be robber


"An 80-year-old woman from Burnaby, B.C., gave a would-be robber more than he bargained for, fighting the man off when he tried to steal her purse."

I especially like the part where, "As a parting shot, she kicked him in the backside as he ran away." Can you imagine admitting to being taken out by an 80 year old lady?

1 Comments:

At 10:59 PM CDT, Blogger pingcat said...

hehehehe .... I wasn't sure if I should say something like "wadda you talkin' about girl!" or ...

"older" hhhmmm "can't be me".

sorry to hear about the money stuff, one of these days you will get an actual credit card that DOES NOT go through your checking account as soon as something is purchased. You have to wonder though, how come you have such rotten luck with this stuff?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home