Thursday, August 31, 2006

Job Shuffling

As Eprahs has mentioned on his blog we have seen a lot of movement in our organization. Unfortunately the flow seems to primarily be outward. Here is the conundrum, if we ever want to progress professionally in our workplace there has to be movement within the organization. However, in doing so we are losing experience and expertise. Managing changes in personnel is a balancing act and it would seem that our organization is listing heavily. However, as a newish librarian I have to see some of these vacancies as opportunities. I was given a smallish promotion with my current boss leaving this week. I know that I am being watched by many people in the organization and I haven't any offically started yet. Exciting, yes. Scary, yes. Organizational guidance, no.

1 Comments:

At 3:43 PM CDT, Blogger pingcat said...

You GO GIRL. I will assume the thought that "I know I am being watched by many people in the organization ...." is NOT incipient paranoia but just the way things are for the "new kid on the block".

Best wishes of course

 

Post a Comment

<< Home