Saturday, August 26, 2006

Cockroach included in rent

I am moving again. This is something I try to avoid but due to events beyond my control I need to find a new place to live by October. My experiences with Houston apartment hunting are mixed. I have found great places through serendipity and I have found not so great places after much effort. Today, I looked at a place and it was cute but a little small and I was trying to do some mental adjustments (could I live here? is it too small?). The problem was solved when looking in the bathroom I saw a rather large, rather dead, tree roach. I don't know if I have stated this within this forum, but I HATE tree roaches. They cause me to shudder and become completely irrational about their presence. Seeing one lying on a bathroom floor made me want to bolt out the front door. You can't live in Texas (or the south for that matter) without oversized bug life but I don't deal well when they invade my living space. Therefore regardless of how cute or close to work this place was I can not live there. My first memory of a living space simply cannot be a dead tree roach. Onwards and forwards, my search continues.

1 Comments:

At 1:32 AM CDT, Blogger pingcat said...

I could loan you Precious, she is a dedicated bug killer and makes it her business to insure this place is bug free, both crawling and flying types.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home