Sunday, April 02, 2006

Geek Exposure

Allright, allright, I will take the chance that an academic librarian might already be perceived as a wee bit geekish. I confess, I have been involved in role playing games like Dungeons and Dragons. I actually worked at one of the largest game stores in North America, The Sentry Box while I was a student. You're welcome Gord. With this in mind, I took an online test to determine what type of dice I was. If you are currently muttering "what type of dice are there?", this is not your test. I wasn't happy with my first designation so I rerolled. Much happier with the second result.

You are the rare, the overlooked, yet incredibly useful dodecahedron: the d12. You are a creative, romantic soul. You often act without thinking, but make up for your lack of plans with plenty of heart. You easily solve problems that stump others, but your answers tend to put you into even deeper trouble. You write long, detailed backgrounds for all your characters, and are most likely to dress up as one or get involved in cos-play. You can be silly at times and are easily distracted by your own day dreams, but are at the end of the day you're someone who can be depended on.



I am a d12


Take the quiz at dicepool.com

2 Comments:

At 12:54 PM CDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hhhhmmmm thought I had posted a reply but I guess it got gobbled up in cyber-space. For sure, knowing your stand on censorship, it didn't get deleted on grounds of offensive content, maybe snarkiness ... Anyway to the point.

Can you really do that? Can you really just re-roll the die, so to speak, if you do not like the characteristics assigned in the first place? Personally I would be very, very interested in the results of your first quiz. You show me yours and I might show you mine.

 
At 3:57 PM CDT, Blogger paksenn said...

Since I have been called on to the carpet I will admit that I first rolled a D10.

"Ah, the d10! While you aren't actually a true regular polyhedron, you are the only die that makes logical sense--metrically speaking. Chances are, others see you as over-analytical or a goody-goody. While that may be true, you also have a gift for patience and tolerance. Growing up you probably had a calculator wristwatch that you never really needed to use (since you were faster on your own), and you probably aced all your classes (except for gym). You use the metric system almost exclusively, but are able to quickly convert in mid-conversation for the sake of your backwards Imperalist friends. You've coded in at least two different programming languages, and have created more original gaming systems than you'll ever admit. You're generally not a show-off, but you do take pride in being called either a geek or a nerd."

Neither really fits but the second is closer. BTW as a gamer you can do anything you want you just have to live with the consequences.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home