Thursday, March 23, 2006

Houston does get cold ... really it does

As a Canadian, weather is one of those things that just "is". In the winter we complain about how cold it is and talk about what we will do when it "warms up." Here in Houston we have a seasonal reversal where in the summer we complain that it is too hot and talk about what we will do when it "cools down."

My keen sense of observation allows me to make the following statement. "People will bitch about the weather irregardless of where they live, how bad the weather actually is, and simply because it provides you with a conversational topic that neither offends nor informs."

This post has been inspired by an email from a friend who can't get enough of my wit.

3 Comments:

At 3:41 PM CST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

pick me! pick me!

 
At 3:56 PM CST, Blogger Pixie the dog said...

"irregardless"?

I'm just saying...

 
At 4:16 PM CST, Blogger paksenn said...

How prescriptive of you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irregardless

 

Post a Comment

<< Home