Wednesday, March 29, 2006

US University Education more affordable than Canada

Well I kind of thought this might be true after working in a state institution for the last four years but now it has been confirmed for me. A study done by the Educational Policy Institute compared four year programs in both US and Canadian universities and found that the public US universities provide more financial support for students than their Canadian brethren. In Canada there are no corresponding grants that compare to the Pell Grant system. Student loans are how most people fund their educational pursuits, me included. I don't resent the money I spent it will be repaid many times over by the end of my career. But paying off loans while starting your career can decidedly impact your work options. If I hadn't had the financial assistance of my parents I would never had the chance to attend ALA Annual in 2001 where I interviewed for this position. Here is the link to the full article.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home