Thursday, April 12, 2007

Another voice of sanity is stilled



Kurt Vonnegut has died and I wondered what his thoughts on the Bush regime were. Here are some pungent words from Wikipedia about Vonnegut's view of the current political situation.

"By saying that our leaders are power-drunk chimpanzees, am I in danger of wrecking the morale of our soldiers fighting and dying in the Middle East?" he wrote. "Their morale, like so many bodies, is already shot to pieces. They are being treated, as I never was, like toys a rich kid got for Christmas in December."

I remember watching Slaughterhouse Five as a film and thinking that whomever wrote this must have been on drugs. Really good drugs. My friend Duncan is a huge fan which caused me to become even more curious about him.

I hope that this generation finds a voice this distinctive and eloquent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home