Saturday, May 26, 2007

Friends

Today I was able to spend time with friends which is an activity I have neglected. It would seem obvious that I have to actually take time away from work to do so. I think that I have always struggled with life-work balance but lately things have tilted heavily to the work side. Not having a supervisor means that many of my work habits require self regulation. I have promised myself that I will only go in to work to pick up files or print out needed materials this long weekend. If I am successful in doing so it will the first weekend in recent memory that I haven't spent time at work. I am not alone and watching others struggle to maintain life-work balance reinforced this for me. Here's to long weekends and more time with friends.

3 Comments:

At 11:07 PM CDT, Blogger pingcat said...

Definitly spend time with friends ... they are the fuel that will carry you forward when things are less than cheery.

 
At 10:18 AM CDT, Blogger Pixie the dog said...

Here here! When are you coming over to drink more beer?

 
At 4:51 PM CDT, Blogger paksenn said...

Tempting, tempting. I think I need to host a party.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home