Thursday, May 24, 2007

Bye Bye Netscape



I first starting using Netscape as my browser back when IE was the only other option. So I feel a sense of loyalty mostly from the "its better than IE" school of thought. However, I am feeling more and more frustrated with Netscape and its actually crashing more often than I can remember IE ever doing. I don't know what the difference is or if it some nefarious plot by Microsoft to crash Netscape on computers using Windows but in any case I can't continue using it. I know many Firefox converts and I do use it occasionally. The fact is that every single time I have tried to post to this blog on Netscape in the last week it crashes and I lose my posts. Very frustrating. I am writing this in Firefox and I have made the decision to ditch Netscape entirely. IE of course was never an option.

2 Comments:

At 10:47 AM CDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't Firefox built on the same engine as (or at least heavily funded by) Netscape?

 
At 5:05 PM CDT, Blogger paksenn said...

My far more tech savvy friends suggested that Netscape built on IE and Firefox has borrowed from both.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home