Monday, January 01, 2007

Driving at night



What is it about driving at night? Last night a good friend and I drove back to Calgary from Edmonton in moonlight. The snowy fields were brilliant white and the individual trees were visible in the glow. Music playing, desultory conversation, and the road clear and straight made for a meditative environment. I found myself reflecting on where my life was heading and how I want to direct my energies.

While some of my future possibilities are out of my control, others aren't. I need to take responsibility for where I am headed and begin thinking longer term than next year. I have already gotten this speech from older, wiser, friends and relatives but it is too easy to dismiss sage advice when you are feeling scattered. I am looking forward to the next year and all of the possibilities that it brings.

1 Comments:

At 12:04 AM CST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hear, Hear! Onward and forward!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home